Thursday 23 June 2011

Day 5: How sweet it is to be loved by ... sad face.

I’ve dropped another 250 grams, and all is well!
Except that I ate sugar.
On porridge.
Let the self-flagellation begin.
To be fair, I ate it yesterday, so the ramifications didn’t make their way directly to my arse. And I was desperate. The lack of carbs was killing me, and when I couldn’t have cake my whole brain went into a frenzy of “if I don’t eat something to spike my energy soon, I’m going to start eating little children in gingerbread houses” or something. Minus the children because if I ever see protein again I’m going to kill myself.
Yeah. And, you know, because they’re children.
I’m having sugar-deprivation bouts of mania!!! But they’re not as bad as they were, because I decided one spoonful of sugar on a very small portion of porridge would be not an epic cheat, and would calm my dizzied nerves. (And I say dizzied literally, because I do feel a little bit like I’m not actually getting enough calories to stay conscious, sometimes. Which is weird because I never at during the day at all, before, and I didn’t feel like this.)
It was the best. Porridge. Ever!
This weekend is going to be the killer. Breakfast with the girls tomorrow will be a no brainer: eggs, bacon, maybe some spinach, it’s all good. But then I’m going out for dinner on Sunday, and I have no idea how I’m going to have the will-power to skip chips and dessert. But, there is the challenge, and it’s my lack of will-power that got me into this mess in the first place, so I simply must learn to say no.
Soup! And steak without chips!
Maybe I’ll just save my money and stay at home. Sad face.

No comments:

Post a Comment